WHY IS BRANDING IMPORTANT?
Marketing is what you do, branding is who you are.
Successful branding is about promoting your strengths.
A brand is a name, term, design, symbol, or other feature that distinguishes an organization or product from its rivals in the eyes of the customer. Brands are used in business, marketing, and advertising.
Branding is a complex process. We'll help you through it step by step.
If you do not yet have a consistent brand, or you don’t like what your brand currently stands for, it’s time to rebrand. Here are some steps to take to shape public perception for the better:
- Identify what your readers love most about your books. What makes you stand out? What are your strengths?
- Create a brand message that conveys what your book aims to do for its reader.
- Make sure your visual elements match your message and your brand. If you’re promising romance, don’t use mystery images.
- Develop standards for your brand. Make sure readers understand what your brand is and can support it.
- Apply your visuals across every marketing tool you use, from advertising to signage to store displays to mailings to shopping bags.